Kotliners 2020 took place on Friday 5th June as a virtual event.
Garth Gilmour - Head of Learning at Instil presented on Using Kotlin To Create Kotlin to Teach Kotlin Within Space. Check back here for the official YouTube video in the coming weeks.
Win a 2 day Virtual Kotlin Course and JetBrains Space Subscription
To celebrate our first year of involvement, we are offering you the chance to win a 2 day virtual Kotlin delivery for you and up to 12 colleagues worth €4500. In addition, JetBrains will cover your Space organization plan commercial subscription for up to 12 users for a period of 6 months after Space official launch.
- You can enter the competition as an individual or a group.
- You should submit a link to a public Git repository containing a Kotlin or Java project that you have written.
- The project should take the form of an application which uses the Space HTTP
API. The UI of the application can be whatever you like.
- The purpose of the application can be whatever you like, but the more creative
the better. For example, it could print a ‘star chart’ of which developers had made the most comments on code submitted to a particular project.
- The applications will be judged based on 1) How well the functionality works 2) The creativity of the idea 3) The quality of the code
Further Competition Details
- All material must be open source and publicly accessible
- All entries must be submitted by Friday 26th June by 5pm (BST)
- Submissions must be made in the format of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email
must give the names and contact details of the entrant(s) and a link to a Git repository containing all the resources necessary to deploy and run the code.
- An individual can only be involved in a single submission.
- The winner will be notified on Friday 3rd July and announced publicly on social
- The winner can build a bespoke 2 day Kotlin course, by selecting from any of the
relevant Kotlin outlines below.
- The prize must be claimed and used within a **4 month period, 3rd July 2020 - 3rd
October 2020** (note that where possible, we will try to accomodate your preferred date, however this will depend on our availability).
- Introduction to Kotlin
- Fast Track to Kotlin Native
- Spring Boot with Kotlin
- Swift to Kotlin Android Conversion
Get In touch
For any questions relating to the competition, please get in touch by email. Good luck!