This is a 1/2 day session that gives a overview of where and how R is used. Using a combination of lecture based case studies, and hands-on practicals we'll cover some of the latest developments in the R world.
There are no prerequistites for this workshop.
- Getting started with R
- Who is using R in production?
- Removing the pain of reports via Automation
- Creating dashboards in a hurry
- Cloudyr R: running R on Azure and Amazon
- Setting up a data science team
- Question & answer session
About the Trainer
Dr Colin Gillespie is a Senior statistics lecturer at Newcastle University and a consultant with Jumping Rivers. He has been using R since 1999 and teaching R programming for the last ten years. Colin has authored a number of R packages, regularly answers R questions on stackoverflow and recently published the book Efficient R Programming with O'Reilly.